Lambert Academy has partnered with The United Sugar Craft Association and the Professional Cake Designer Certification Program is exclusively available to USCA members.
How To Replace Your Income With a Home Based Cake Business
"Even if you've never had professional training"
A Message From Lesi And A Few Of Her Graduates
I was once in the corporate world, working to build a future. But it wasn’t mine. I was an employee. I made good money but I was not enjoying my life. I felt like my time belonged to someone else. I could not take a holiday unless it fit someone else’s schedule. I was scripted as to when I worked, how many hours I worked, and with whom I worked.
I am here to tell you that YOU can change all of that. Just like I did!
Lesi Lambert - Owner of Lambert Academy of Sugarcraft
"After Speaking With Hundreds of Our Past Students..."
These Are The Reasons They Joined
The Professional Cake Designer
- They feel that having the guidance, skills and training would give them the confidence to take their “cake hobby” to a high paying “cake business”.
- They want to build a home-based cake business to replace their current income.
- They put off fulfilling their own dreams and following their own passions for years and now they see that a cake business can provide fulfillment and the income they need.
- They needed to start a business that had low risk, low overhead and could pay the bills right out of the gate.
- They needed to upgrade their cake decorating skills to a professional level so they could charge more for their work and know they were putting out the best product possible.
- They see the cake business as an opportunity to work from home, and have the flexibility to work their own hours.
- They want high quality, high impact, hands on instruction delivered in the shortest period of time.
- They're tired of the corporate grind & feel it’s time for a change in their life.
- They see the cake business as a way to be happy creatively, healthy and pay the bills.
- They need a "bridge" business to fill the gap between employment and complete retirement.
- They want to wake up in the morning and do interesting creative work they love!
- They want to start with a home based cake business and at some point in the future move to a commercial location.
Everything You Need To Run
A Thriving Cake Business!
Here's a Sample Of The Curriculum
Starting January 2021 The Certification Program Runs For
a full Six Weeks! Monday to Friday From 9am to 4pm
You will receive over 210 hours of intensive
hands on experience and skills training!
Cake Design Skills You Will Learn:
- Alberta Food Safety Certification
- Baking Primer (Technique and Theory)
- Icings, Frostings, Fillings and Ganaches
- Baking for Allergies and Food Sensitivity
- Primary Design Application (Techniques and Theory)
- Royal Icing Techniques for Design
- Fondant and Modeling Chocolate (Technique and Theory)
- Modeling Chocolate Characters
- Isomalt Molds, Eyes and Embellishments
- Edible Fabrics and Laces
- Realistic Sugar Florals – Design and Display
- Wedding Cakes – Design and Display
- Wedding Consultations – Tasting Set up, Bookings and Contracts
- Special Occasion Cakes and Incidentals
- Advanced Stencil / Mold Production and Implementation
- Sculpted Cakes (Intro to Structures and Armatures)
- Starting Your Cake Business and Making it Successful (How to effectively cost, sell, advertise)
- Step by Step AHS and CoC Regulations for Business Set Up
- Showcasing Your Wares For That WOW Factor – Food Photography
- Face to face time with skilled professionals in fields of expertise And so much more...
- Keto baking and misconceptions of the ketogenic diet
Business Skills You Will Learn:
- A little-known website service that gets us 1000's of local visitors per month
- Using Facebook properly to promote your business
- Software that can completely run your cake business
- How to brand your business correctly from day one
- Knowing your costs - how to make a profit on every item you sell
- Action plan that takes you through every step of how to make $50k net profit per year
- Our famous business plan that takes you from zero to making money
- Advertise to the perfect client who is looking for the cake designs you offer
- Navigate the city government regulations for home-based licensing
- Navigate the provincial government regulations for Alberta Health certification
- The complete process for setting up a kitchen in your home
- We share our vetted suppliers list that saves you up to 50% on tools and supplies
- How to set up your home based kitchen on a budget (or practically free)
- How to consistently sell for higher prices than your competitors and have happy clients
"Our classes are kept small to ensure you get all the personal guidance you need throughout the program"
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What's included in the program? Do I have to purchase any additional tools?
A: We provide all the tools, mixers, supplies right down to your uniform. The only thing you need to bring is your great attitude and your motivation to succeed!
Q: What if I strategically take all the hobby classes over time, won't that give me everything offered in the Certification Program?
A: Absolutely not, the hobby classes are designed for the "weekend caker" who wants to bake and decorate a nice cake for family and friends. These classes do not go into the depth that a professional requires to have the skills in both decorating and business. Think of it like going to the YMCA for swimming lessons and comparing that to the training and coaching an Olympic athlete goes through in order to compete. Both are swimming lessons but there is a huge difference in skill level.
Q: Is the program just a short version of a culinary course I can take at the local university or trade school?
A: Not at all. Our focus is very narrow in that we teach you to become a professional cake decorator. When you complete our program you will have the skills and confidence to run your own home based business, start a retail bakery/cake design shop or pursue a career with some of the best names in cake decorating. Our students have done all of that and more.
Q: What is the difference between Lambert Academy and a University or trade school?
A: In general university programs teach you skills to become an employee of someone else's company. At Lambert Academy we teach you to be a "Cakepreneur". We give you the skills to be a great cake designer and then we take you step-by-step through how to start your own home based business.
Q: Do you only teach how to start a home-based business? What if I want to start or buy a commercial location?
A: We do have a heart for the home-based business person because that is how we started out and we see a strong future for professional home-based cake designers. What we teach at Lambert Academy is perfectly applicable to a commercial cake design business as well. Both business models require the owner to be familiar with city permits, licenses and AHS licenses. Both business models require business plans, sales projections understanding of marketing and branding.
Why Lesi Lambert Is Qualified To Teach You
- Reason 1 - Lambert Academy is a fully licensed training facility and AHS approved kitchen located in Woodbine, Calgary, Alberta. Canada
- Reason 2 - She is a long standing Certified Master Cake Designer with thousands of hours of experience teaching adults and children.
- Reason 3 - She has studied and received certification to instruct and train adult learners.
- Reason 4 - After 28 years in the medical field, she gave up a very lucrative position to pursue her passion.
- Reason 5 - She has built a successful full-time cake decorating business from nothing.
- Reason 6 - She has been presented with many awards for her work, been praised and recognized by some the best cake designers in the industry.
- Reason 7 - She has formally trained with some of the biggest names in the cake decorating industry and has traveled all over North America to get her training...and she still does!
- Reason 8 - She built a fully licensed bakery & teaching studio in her home and has worked out of it full time for 8 years.
- Reason 9 - Her largest single cake project sold for @ $8,000 and took 180 hours to complete. It fed over 900 people. It was an epic project that has people asking for similar works still to date.
- Reason 10 - She started out teaching Wilton courses and progressed through all the stages to where she is now. She still remembers how hard it was because she had to figure it all out herself.
- Reason 11 - She has personally taught well over a thousand students on everything from basic cake decorating to advanced 3-D sculptures.
- Reason 12 - She is in demand as a designer and was recently flown to Seattle by a premier cake shop called "The Sweetside" to work on a “Celebrity” wedding featured in Martha Stewart Wedding Magazine.
- Reason 13 - Teaching is her passion and she is very good at it…just ask her students.
- Reason 14 - She only teaches what we do. This program is based on actual business experience, not untested ideas that sound good but don't work.
- Reason 15 - She is a certified Food Safety Trainer.
Apply Now Because This Program Fills Up Fast!
Lambert Academy of Sugar Craft is located in Calgary Alberta Canada. This is NOT an online class.
NOTE: Membership in the United Sugar Craft Association is required to enroll in this program. As an exclusive training center for the USCA, we have included your first year of membership in the program pricing.
Program Pricing: $5,500.00 (includes GST)
NEW! We Now Offer Payment Plans To Meet Your Budget!
We Follow ALL COVID19 Protocols To Keep Everyone Safe
The Professional Program Dates For 2021 are as follows:
January 11 - February 19, 2021
March 8 - April 16, 2021
May 3 - June 11, 2021
June 28 - August 6, 2021
September 6 - October 15, 2021
November 1 - December 10, 2021
Please note: All program dates have available seats unless indicated by (Sold Out)
WAITING LIST: There is a waiting list for each sold out date. Join the waiting list be the first one called if an opening come available.