Structured Cakes Curriculum:
Hands-on, 4 day/ 28 hour Structured Cakes Master Class
- Sculpted Cakes (Armature and Structures)
- Types of armatures
- When and where to use armatures
- Blueprints for elaborate structures
- Application of edible elements to structures
- Building cake bases
- Mounting cake bases
- Icings used for stability
- Covering non-traditional cake shapes
- Elements of gravity defying cakes
For this class we will be re-creating the the image of “The Tin Man” from the wizard of Oz, with realistic looking eyes, and a tin looking exterior. When you have completed this course successfully you will be able to blueprint, design and create any structure for any cake. Lots of examples of different structures that are gravity defying and how to make them.
Once you know the format and how to make a structure, you will have no trouble recreating your favorite characters, vehicles or anything else!
Note: This sculpture will not be made of cake so you can display it for years. You will be taught how to use cake in this sculpture for when you want to create one from cake.