What Are The Most Popular Cakes Of All Time?
Here’s a hint, it’s not wedding cakes or anniversary cakes or even birthday cakes…it’s desert cakes! Desert cakes do not require a special day or event.
Baking Basics – Course Outline
You take home 3 fully decorated cakes that you made from scratch, fully decorated and about 10 servings each.
· 100% hands on training
· 4 days total, 3 days of baking and 1 day of decorating to put it all together
· 3 different styles of cakes – sponge, butter based and boutique. 90% of cakes use the second technique.
· How to decorate and make boutique style cakes
· Fillings: fruit & cream
· Icings & frostings
· Toppings: puree fruit toppings
· Learn torting, filling and drizzling
“When you learn the basics of desert cakes, you also learn the foundation of baking. Once you know how to bake, you can bake any cake with ease.”
You will learn the 3 methods of baking that you will use over and over
· Each cake has a specific and exact mixing technique for perfect and consistent results every time!
· Learn the major mistake new bakers make with chiffon cakes
· How to tell the success of your baking just by looking at the batter
· How to bake specifically for Alberta’s climate (barometric pressure, dry)
· Learn production management (stay on track baking more than one cake at a time)
· Everything you need to know about baking desert cakes
· Interpretation and understanding of recipes
· Testing and modification of techniques
“Lesi will share a 100-year-old family recipe that was passed down from her great grandmother.”