Learning The Fundamentals Of Cake Design
If you would like to learn the basics in one comprehensive class from a professional cake designer, then this class is for you. This entry level class will create the foundation you need to become great at cake baking and cake decorating.
Imagine being able to bake and decorate with style!
Once you have taken the Fundamentals you will be able to re-create many of the latest cake decorating designs and ideas. Imagine the family discussions and flattery as they eat your delicious and beautiful cakes.
No More Struggling With Online Tutorials Or Half Baked Cake Decorating Tips
- Do you struggle with making the simplest of cakes?
- Are you disappointed with free online tutorials?
- Do you wish you could learn in a fun, instructive environment that gives you simple techniques for creating fabulous cakes? You found it!
Benefits of having taken The Fundamentals Of Cake Design
This Is A Hands On Class in which you will learn tried and true baking techniques, preparation of quick and easy fillings, the How To’s of a luscious buttercream that uses NO Icing Sugar.
You will also work your way through the process of torting, filling and icing a perfectly level cake ready for decorating. We will then move on to making a great tasting fondant and properly covering a cake with it. But wait, we aren’t stopping there. We will follow up with not one but TWO ways to achieve sharp, crisp fondant edges. Finish this off with simple decor and there you have it, the cake you’ve always dreamed of making.
In addition to leaving with cake, you will have procured enough skill to create beautiful boutique style cakes that are delicious as well as eye pleasing. This course is perfect for beginners to cake decorating.
In this class you will learn
- Recipe preparation and cake baking
- Easy and decadent fillings
- Preparation of Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Leveling and torting Cakes
- Masking, icing and filling
- Crisp buttercream edging
- Making and colouring great tasting Rolled Fondant
- Covering a cake with fondant
- Two special techniques for crisp, sharp fondant edges and perfectly smooth sides
- Simple and elegant fondant decor
What to bring:
A great attitude and the ability to have FUN!